Last resort logo

SWAT 3 - LAST RESORT GAME MODIFICATION

Spam Prevention - PLEASE READ !! (23 Apr 2021)

Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.

Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.

Play Swat3 online with NeuWon - pt3

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #1341 by DarkSynopsis
Woops I accidentally edited your post. So sorry!

- SJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #1342 by Slippery Jim
Woops I accidentally edited your post DarkSynopsis. Damn I am tired. Sorry about that! I thought I hit reply but somehow mangled it. Either that or the forum bugged out.

I don't even remember the CD key.exe thing but obviously I did it because I see the file on my HD from 2018.

Update: Just used Furrycat's old CD key tool and it does indeed pull up the CD key that is used by Steam. Furrycat's app shows you the unencrypted version of the key and also if you choose to save it to a file it shows the hex values that can be seen in the Swat3.reg file provided by Steam.

Either I never entered the NeuWon CD key or it was overwritten when I installed the Steam version. I will have to do a test to see if I can replicate that.

Update 2: I used the NeuWon CD key installer. It worked fine with the GOG.com and Steam versions. I don't know if it was just a fluke but I logged in immediately without the need for multiple attempts on the NeuWon server. I retested it several times and always immediate login. Maybe the previous login failure problems were related to the CD key?

Update 3: I don't think it actually registered my NeuWon key on the website. It doesn't show up on the page for "View your Registered CDKeys" and when I gave the system a fake name it still allowed me to get a new CD key. So confused.

- SJ

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #1343 by Slippery Jim
Other location that CD key is stored:

Code:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\WON\CDKeys

Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\WON\CDKeys

This were I found it after using Furrycat's CD key tool to change the key from the Steam version to the given NeuWon key. Not sure if it was there before I used it. The original Steam key is still there at the registry location previously given a few posts back.

Update: Figured out why the difference. This "virtualstore" location is used by non-admins. If I ran the CD Key tool again with admin privileges it would use the "steam" key shown at the previous post's registry location. Does that mean you could have two CD keys depending on if you run Swat3 with or without admin privileges? Interesting if true.

Quote from internet:

For a program to be eligible for virtualization, it must be 32bit, not running with administrator rights and must not have been compiled with a manifest file indicating it is for Vista or later.

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #1344 by Slippery Jim
Tested and confirmed: GOG.com version installs the same CD key as Steam version in the same registry location.

Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\WON\CDKeys

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #1384 by Mark
Hi guys, since the server seems working now, hop in for some good coop game. Im online right now.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #1388 by Slippery Jim
Once we get a few more people downloading the beta of the mod we should do a coop night. The server needs to be stressed tested at some point.

I will be rustly as hell though!

Moderators: DarkSynopsis
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds