Last resort logo

SWAT 3 - LAST RESORT GAME MODIFICATION

Spam Prevention - PLEASE READ !! (23 Apr 2021)

Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.

Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.

Play Swat3 online with NeuWon - pt3

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #1190 by Slippery Jim
This thread once again got too big so I nuked it and we start again fresh.

NeuWon is a replacement server for the WON network that will allow us to play Swat 3 online. You can find the service over at:

Original website URL (temporarily has a security certificate issue):
neuwon.com

New Domain URL with proper security certificate:
nuwon.net

Eventually the Last Resort mod will fully support the NeuWon network. I am working on a new release for that.

If people wish to play on NeuWon.com (for now until Last Resort is updated) they can hit the toggle button on the top right of the Last Resort Launcher to return Swat 3 back to vanilla mode (yet still retain most of the features of the launcher). They need to go to the NeuWon website and download the Swat 3 patch. It is very important that people turn off the Last Resort mod properly before replacing the Neuwon hacked game executable (don't forget to backup the existing swat.exe so you can go back it after).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #1191 by Slippery Jim
The server may be down for periods while I work on the Last Resort mod and the server itself. During this beta phase expect it to be up and down intermittently.

Thanks for your patience.

More
4 years 2 months ago #1194 by Slippery Jim
I rewrote the code to show if the server is up. All registered users that are logged in should see it on the right side menu.

It isn't 100% accurate since it is possible for the servers to be partially crashed and for it to still report that everything is fine. Perhaps in the future I can make it better but for now it is good enough.

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #1233 by Copy-Cat
Can the server be running while you are taking a break from the mod?

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #1234 by Slippery Jim
Can you clarify what you mean?

I have been working on the mod this last few months almost every day. The next time I expect to be on a break is after the next release is out. Even then I probably will try to get back to actually upgrading the textures and finishing the Import Store upgrade.

I temporarily took the server down for two reasons:

1) nobody was using it yet (I really got to finish this release with NeuWon support!)
2) considering reason #1 I might as well not waste the hardware life on an empty server

Was there something you needed the server up to test?

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #1237 by Copy-Cat
i apologize i didn't mean for it to come out wrong.

Just wanted to get few games in with a fellow mapper this past weekend that is all. Maybe test run a few new maps, before they are released.

Some of us still play when time allows it. No worries mate.

Moderators: DarkSynopsis
Time to create page: 0.568 seconds