Last resort logo

SWAT 3 - LAST RESORT GAME MODIFICATION

Spam Prevention - PLEASE READ !! (23 Apr 2021)

Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.

Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.

Fixing the Screens(Work flow)

More
4 years 1 week ago #1453 by Copy-Cat
Do you have the con file for this screen?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 week ago #1454 by Slippery Jim
No .con file. As mentioned in the blog it is Menu.dat file

More
4 years 1 week ago - 4 years 1 week ago #1455 by Slippery Jim
Discovered one quirk that I can resolve with some graphics if I need to but it won't be pretty.

The SAVE CAREER screen is hard coded into the game executable. The only reference to the screen "save_background.bmp" appears to be in the game executable. It is hard coded to remain at the top left.

Wish we could figure out how to center this screen.

Worst case scenario is I just leave it top left and add other graphic elements to balance out the rest of the screen visually.

More
4 years 1 week ago #1457 by Copy-Cat
i will run thru the op code and see if anything jumps out.

More
4 years 1 week ago #1458 by Slippery Jim
Thanks.

More
4 years 1 week ago #1460 by Copy-Cat
there are three ways we can do this,

1. Take bmp image of the dots and make it 800 X 600 and then place the dot where it needs to be in relation to the new screen resolution. Magenta is the non select color so dont forget to replace white with magenta. With this method we still need to figure out the pixels for the selected(light blue), failed(red), and the non selected(blue) positions to get it to work right, these values are within the exe and need to be hacked in.

2. Since the mission.info files are read into memory at startup, we will need to catch the reading of this data and make a call to empty space in the exe to add to the values passed in from the files, these values x and y are the offset.

3. When the values are read from memory make a call to unused space in the exe and add the offset.

option #1 can be done and has been tested to see if the dot moves to the new position but the text arrow will also have to be tweaked, possibly in the same way.

options #2 and #3 are tricky because the shooting house has its own bmp images, and the x and y values are read from the same pointer location the other missions are read from.

Moderators: DarkSynopsis
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds