Last resort logo

SWAT 3 - LAST RESORT GAME MODIFICATION

Spam Prevention - PLEASE READ !! (23 Apr 2021)

Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.

Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.

Gaming night - stress testing the server

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #1439 by Slippery Jim
I know there are more people interested they just haven't posted in this thread yet or haven't visited the forums.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #1440 by Copy-Cat
I'm in, trying to fix my account first. Hint hint.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #1441 by Slippery Jim

Copy-Cat wrote: I'm in, trying to fix my account first. Hint hint.

I sent Ben a text message on Sunday the 5th letting him know about the website login issue. He didn't reply but I think he doesn't know how to send a text reply to Canada. Previously he said he replied but I never got it.

Today I sent him an email with further detail but he usually is slow checking his email.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #1445 by Slippery Jim
Ben replied to my email. He said he will look into the login issues this weekend on the weekend.

Until then we are on our own in terms of game keys and making sure everyone has a unique key.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #1446 by Slippery Jim
Sundance was able to register a new account that gets used with the game using the Swat 3 account manager. The website really is just needed to get a new game key for NeuWon network.

Several of us today were on the server (5 total in 2 different gaming sessons) but then everyone got disconnected after playing for a while. Not sure why we got disconnected because the server was still running when I looked into it. There may have been a partial crash and the server auto-restarted. Just to be careful I rebooted the server anyways (it worked fine the rest of the night).

After the server restart we had a bit of problem with people being split between Discord and TeamSpeak. Some people didn't want use Discord and some didn't have TeamSpeak on their system any more. Both have their benefits and downsides. We will need to figure out what will be the common voice app otherwise the community will be split up.

Discord: Can run just from the web browser but also comes with an installable app. Anyone can create a server for free.

TeamSpeak: Old school voip that has a lot of features but has fallen in popularity with many moving to Discord.

I am easy and will use whatever the majority picks.

Going to try to play again tomorrow at slightly earlier time: 4pm Eastern (UTC -4), 9pm BST (UTC+1), 8am NZST (UTC+12)

• S4
More
4 years 1 week ago - 4 years 1 week ago #1447 by S4
Ehhh. Just not a mic user. I never use microphones for gaming and didn't back then for any game either. I prefer the ingame voice commands, or the chatbox. It's the way of the road.

Moderators: DarkSynopsis
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds