Last resort logo

SWAT 3 - LAST RESORT GAME MODIFICATION

Spam Prevention - PLEASE READ !! (23 Apr 2021)

Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.

Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.

Gaming night - stress testing the server

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #1424 by Slippery Jim
I am looking to set up a night of Swat 3 online gaming that would help keep our minds off these crazy times but also will help stress test the server.

It would be great if everyone who is interested in joining please post your preferences below for date / time / your time zone/ gameplay style / mods recommendations.

Suggested requirements to play:

1) Microphone highly recommended. Please set it to push-to-talk instead of voice activated!
2) Open the ports on your router/firewall so you can go peer-2-peer
3) Reconfigure your Swat 3 keys to your liking before the big gaming night!

Firewall Settings:
Here are the recommended ports to open for Swat 3 so you can go peer-2-peer properly:

• TCP: 15101, 15200, 15300, 15800, 16639
  • UDP: 16638

Game Key problems:
Everyone on the server will need a unique game key. If you have the Steam or GOG.com you will be sharing the same key and will get a "CD Key In Use" error on the server. If you have an old CD version of Swat 3 then it is highly recommended to use that key with your game.

You can change the key your game uses with Furrycat's old CD key tool on his website.

swat3.furrycat.net/tools.html

You will get different results if you run the tool without Admin status. Technically you can store two different CD keys in your Windows registry but it is recommended to give the tool Admin status to work with the proper key.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #1425 by Slippery Jim
Here are my preferences:

Game Mode: Coop. Serious coop games and relaxed killhouses. Not much of a fan of PVP.

Time Zone: Eastern (GMT-4)

Mods: Other than Last Resort mod don't care much. I recommend as few mods as possible. Keep it simple for this first night?

Day/Time: Pretty flexible. Generally not around 5-7pm EST every day of the week.

Microphone: Yup. Push to talk. Teamspeak or Discord doesn't matter to me.

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #1427 by DomeShot
Game Mode: CO-OP 4 Life.

Time Zone: Eastern

Mods: I don't really care much. Last Resort of course.

Day/Time: I am usually online by 6pm-3am. But I can make anytime work.

Microphone: Yes, definitley.

I am so ready to play a game with you all. I can't wait!

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #1428 by CraftyReaper
Game Mode: Coop of course

Time Zone: NZT (GMT+12)

Mods: Last Resort Only (Makes sense to test it clean at least at first).

Day/Time: Preferably Wed/Thurs as off work then.

Microphone: Probably (need to sort this out) Discord.

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #1431 by Slippery Jim
Oooh would love to see Reaper in the Element Leader role again. Last seen 20 years ago :)

Any word if DarkSynopsis wants to play?

The first night we did an informal test gaming run some people expressed interest in including the xrtrt-weaponsmodv1.0a.zip mod. Want to keep people happy. Thoughts?

So Reaper if I have calculated this correctly:
  • Wednesday April 15th 10AM (New Zealand time)
  • Tuesday April 14th 6PM (Eastern)
  • Tuesday April 14th 11PM (BST - London time)

Are those times/dates good? We have to keep moving it earlier if we want to make it reasonable time for Euro people. Depends if we get people who want to play from that timezone. Sundance mentioned he might join us.

Or would you prefer:
  • Thursday April 16th 10AM (New Zealand time)
  • Wednesday April 15th 6PM (Eastern)
  • Wednesday April 15th 11PM (BST - London time)

A thought about ping: If everyone on the team doesn't go peer-2-peer the ping time to New Zealand may be a little horrific. Depending where everyone is in the world we may want to pick a host that has good internet in a central location.

One advantage I may have is that I will probably have the lowest ping to the server (I assume). That doesn't mean I would make the greatest host though if we fail to go peer-2-peer because someone in Europe may be a more "central" host.

To be honest it has been 20 years and I don't recall clearly how it all worked.

Update: Moved the original time suggestions 1 hour earlier for the Euro guys

More
3 years 11 months ago #1438 by CraftyReaper
Both Wednesday and Thursday work for me at 10AM , so up to you guys if you can nail it down. I will be around for both.

Moderators: DarkSynopsis
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds