Last resort logo

SWAT 3 - LAST RESORT GAME MODIFICATION

Spam Prevention - PLEASE READ !! (23 Apr 2021)

Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.

Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.

Anyone running SWAT 3 and Last Resort on Linux?

More
3 months 1 week ago #2882 by qcstewart
I have been trying to get SWAT 3 and now Last Resort to run on Linux using Wine or Proton. Vanilla SWAT 3 runs but still has the video issue even after replacing the files per the standard recommendation. The Last Resort launcher has a lot of errors and does not see any available desktop resolutions and is therefore not able to save the config. Compatibility mode doesn't seem to have an effect. Has anyone run into this too? Are there any required DLLs or other components that I could try installing?

Here are the error messages:

Error getting current screen resolution
Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Error building screen modes list
Object reference not set to an instance of an object

No screen modes available
No screen resolutions are being reported. If you are on Windows 8 or 10 it is suggested that you to tick the box 'List 32 bit color modes instead'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #2893 by Slippery Jim
Sorry in the delay approving your post. I really need to check these forums more often.

The Last Resort launcher was designed for Windows machines as you have discovered.

I will have to research how Linux does the resolution items that you have trouble with. If I can't figure it out I can always write up a tutorial how to use Last Resort by manually editing your Swat.ini , Swat.config , and Sierra.inf files.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #2894 by Slippery Jim
I have been noodling this.  Getting Linux to work with the Last Resort launcher may be difficult.

Right now I am thinking that I could add a flag to the launcher that will bypass all the usual resolution checks for Windows people. It could populate the 3D resolution box with popular common choices.

What 3D resolution would you personally play the game at?

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #2901 by qcstewart
Thank you so much for the reply! For Steam Deck 1280x800 is the standard resolution so that's what I would be using. Thank you again!

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #2904 by AlfieLC
In the same boat, manually selecting the options would be great.

More
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #2907 by Slippery Jim
Okay I have started work on a version for you guys.   I ask your patience while I make the necessary changes and additions.

I will post in this thread a new version of the Last Resort Launcher just for you guys to test if you are okay with that.  Having you guys be my testers would save me from having to install Linux on a machine.

In the same boat, manually selecting the options would be great.

What 3D resolution will you run Swat 3 in?  The resolution in the part of the game that you see once the map loads.

Moderators: DarkSynopsis
Time to create page: 0.397 seconds