Last resort logo

SWAT 3 - LAST RESORT GAME MODIFICATION

Spam Prevention - PLEASE READ !! (23 Apr 2021)

Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.

Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.

10 man career missing?

More
1 year 7 months ago #2703 by eddman
Apologies for posting this here. I couldn't find a proper site for swat 3, so perhaps it's ok if I post it here.

I have the original base game. I've been reading that it can be made into the GOTY edition for free with patches. I installed patches 1.6 and 2.0, but only the 5 man career is listed.

Do I have to install something else too?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #2704 by Slippery Jim
Replied by Slippery Jim on topic 10 man career missing?
Depending on your country version of the base game it could be patched up to version 2.1

I assume that you have the North American version.

I think that the only difference between 2.0 and 2.1 was firewall bug fixes for 10 player multiplayer.  Unfortunately (if I recall correctly) I think this is when the "clear" command bug was introduced so if you don't plan on playing multiplayer maybe it isn't worth installing.

North American 2.0 to 2.1 patch:
www.patches-scrolls.de/patch/3543/7/30295

Sorry I don't have a direct answer for your 10 player career question.  Hopefully someone else knows the answer.

When I start both my 2.1 GOG.com and Steam version and go into Career and hit NEW it says:

- Swat 3 CQB original 5 man career
- Swat 3 Tactical GOTY 10 man career

More
1 year 7 months ago #2705 by Pablo Golden
Replied by Pablo Golden on topic 10 man career missing?
Sierra messed with the patches and was criticized for it at the time. I don't know what version you have but as the colleague says, all versions can be updated to 2.1. The problem is that these updates are incomplete so to speak, unless you have the USA/UK version

The 10-man career mode in case it did not appear is added by installing the first of the extras from this list:

It is in English but it works with any version although that addon will be in English, of course.

Maps are add-ons that are released separately if updated from CQB. They are also in English but they work with any version.

I hope it helps you and if you have any questions, ask me.

More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #2706 by eddman
Replied by eddman on topic 10 man career missing?

The 10-man career mode in case it did not appear is added by installing the first of the extras from this list:

Thank you, but I can't see any links in your post though.

Moderators: DarkSynopsis
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds