Last resort logo

SWAT 3 - LAST RESORT GAME MODIFICATION

Spam Prevention - PLEASE READ !! (23 Apr 2021)

Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.

Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.

Facial Expressions - Texture Limit 256 x 256

More
3 years 2 months ago #2141 by Copy-Cat
I believe that last offset of 256 x 256 SJ found in the texture Hi-Res fix is for facial expressions.

I am working a model for Beckett for an upcoming map and the face is 1024 x 1024. The model's face and mouth FACE_EXP texture is 1024 x 2048, the game won't load it. The max is 256 x 256, taken directly from the FAQ pages

" All Textures must be 16, 32, 64, 128 or 256 pixels, square."

It's been a while since I messed with the dissassembler(Hex Editor), any help would be greatly appreciated.

Easy way to test is to bump up martin brenner's face expression to 512 x 512 and load it. You might have to modify the MissionSkins.dat - face tex size for that model.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #2142 by Slippery Jim
I feel like I walked into the middle of a conversation.

Can you be more specific which offset you are talking about?

More
3 years 2 months ago #2143 by Copy-Cat
err.

It seems the targa hack has been implimented in the latest release and has fixed the Facial Expression problem.

I need confirmation that the targa hack has been implimented and it is not just my original hack that I was working on last year.

My modding rig errors, while the gaming rig doesn't.

In addition, if you modify the MissionSkins.dat - face tex size for that model the game ingores the entire line and loads the rest of the file.
The value for the face tex size has a max of 256, anything else and the line is ignored.

More
3 years 2 months ago #2144 by Slippery Jim
Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I didn't notice that you replied.

Yup Targa hack is in the mod now.

Moderators: DarkSynopsis
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds