Last resort logo

SWAT 3 - LAST RESORT GAME MODIFICATION

Spam Prevention - PLEASE READ !! (23 Apr 2021)

Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.

Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.

Problem launching custom map

More
1 year 4 weeks ago #2727 by deagle23
When I attempt to play coop on the map "Nightmare Express" the game crashes with error "Texture nosmoke is not a power of 2". Anyway to fix that? Also, how can we contribute to the Map Texture Upgrade Progress or is that complete? Lastly, are there any working Swat 3 multiplayer servers? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 weeks ago - 1 year 4 weeks ago #2728 by Slippery Jim

When I attempt to play coop on the map "Nightmare Express" the game crashes with error "Texture nosmoke is not a power of 2". Anyway to fix that? Also, how can we contribute to the Map Texture Upgrade Progress or is that complete? Lastly, are there any working Swat 3 multiplayer servers? Thanks.

Generally that means the textures in Swat 3 must have a dimension such as 16, 32, 64, 128, 256 pixels   (with the Last Resort mod turned on they can also be 512, 1024 pixels).

You would have to unzip the map, find the texture, resize it to a proper size, and then zip the map back up.   This of course would cause an error in mutiplayer unless everyone had the same copy of the map you just changed.   If it is just for single player it doesn't matter.

The map texture upgrading is endlessly ongoing.   Please read this thread about contributing.

As for any working Swat 3 multiplayer servers:  right now I don't think so.   Our best bet for Swat 3 multiplayer was the NeuWon network and that hasn't been online in a while.

More
1 year 4 weeks ago - 1 year 4 weeks ago #2729 by Slippery Jim
I looked at the Nightmare Express map hosted on swat3reunited.com and that texture is the proper size. It shouldn't be the problem.

I wonder if another map you have in your folder also contains the texture "nosmoke.tga" or "nosmoke.bmp" and is the real source of the problem. Unfortunately with Swat 3 other maps can conflict with the currently played map.

Temporarily move all your maps out of the MISSIONS folder except NME (Nightmare Express). See if that is indeed the problem.

Moderators: DarkSynopsis
Time to create page: 0.587 seconds