Last resort logo

SWAT 3 - LAST RESORT GAME MODIFICATION

Spam Prevention - PLEASE READ !! (23 Apr 2021)

Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.

Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.

SWAT 3 multiplayer

More
1 year 4 months ago #2712 by subMOA
SWAT 3 multiplayer was created by subMOA
Hi. It looks like the NeuWon project referenced here and on the GOG forums is dead so our group is trying to get SWAT 3 (GOG version with Last Resort) working over ZeroTier, but without much success so far. The strange thing is that another game we tried worked fine in LAN mode but for some reason nobody seems to be able to connect or see each other in SWAT 3.

ZeroTier has been referenced on these forums before and I'm wondering if anyone else has got it working and how they did it.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago #2713 by Slippery Jim
Replied by Slippery Jim on topic SWAT 3 multiplayer
Sadly it does seem to appear that NeuWon is dead (website hasn't been up in a while). Such a shame because it worked pretty well considering.

I don't know ZeroTier at all but perhaps all the players didn't have their firewalls open properly for the game?

More
1 year 4 months ago #2714 by subMOA
Replied by subMOA on topic SWAT 3 multiplayer
Thanks for the reply.

Sadly it does seem to appear that NeuWon is dead

That is unfortunate. Hopefully the source code from the Sierra employee is released so the possibility exists for someone else to take up the project.

I don't know ZeroTier at all but perhaps all the players didn't have their firewalls open properly for the game?

Eventually I found the solution in a youtube video (). If anyone else needs help, here is how we did it in Windows 10 and the process is likely very similar in other versions:
  1. Go to Control Panel >  Network and Internet
  2. Click Change Adapter Settings on the left
  3. Right-click on the ZeroTier adapter and select Properties
  4. Click on Internet Protocol Version 4 in the list, click Properties
  5. Click Advance
  6. Put a 1 in the Interface Metric box
Then you just click "ok" until all the dialog boxes are closed.

Once we did that on our machines the multiplayer worked flawlessly, just as if we were on the same LAN.

More
1 year 4 months ago #2715 by DarkSynopsis
Replied by DarkSynopsis on topic SWAT 3 multiplayer
Nice, as I was reading this recall having LAN problems in the past even on actual LAN let alone virtual but don't think I ever messed with the interface metric, only learnt about that in recent years when I've wanted to prioritize what interface (Ethernet/Wi-Fi) is being used for internet.

Guessing SWAT3 just broadcasts on one adapter, do remember a program in the past called ForceBindIP which can force a exe to a certain interface but never tried it and doesn't seem to work on Win 11.

More
1 year 4 months ago #2716 by Slippery Jim
Replied by Slippery Jim on topic SWAT 3 multiplayer
Thanks so much for coming back and posting your success at getting the game to work. I am sure other people will find it helpful.

Can I suggest, if you have the time, to post around your findings. Perhaps on the Steam or Gog.com forums for Swat 3.

More
1 year 4 months ago #2718 by flood6
Replied by flood6 on topic SWAT 3 multiplayer
I have a newon server tool, can run a server from it, if this helps

Moderators: DarkSynopsis
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds