Last resort logo

SWAT 3 - LAST RESORT GAME MODIFICATION

Spam Prevention - PLEASE READ !! (23 Apr 2021)

Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.

Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.

Start up crash with error code 58

More
2 years 3 months ago #2633 by ElecMan
Hi all,

Today I wanted to play this great game again but I'm facing an issue. I managed to use last resort in the past on a win7 computer.
Now I have a windows 10 laptop with embedded graphics.

I installed swat 3 elite edition, then 1.6.6.0 patch, then 2.0 patch and then 2.1 patch before installing last resort. I also replaced all videos files following your how to.
I do run last resort with windows 7 compatibility mode. At last resort startup I have a error message stating my , whatever resolution I chose after I have the error code 58 message. When I try to launch regular swat3 exe nothing happens.

Some info: my , I tried to remove it and launch again last resort, still empty.
On Swat3 directory I have several exe as swat_: "Unable to set 2D video mode (640x480)".

Do you have any clue of what is happenings ?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #2634 by Slippery Jim
I assume you are using the ancient version of Last Resort instead of the newest beta version. I recommend with Windows 10 for you to switch to this version instead (v0.8.4). No compatibility settings are required for this new version.

As for "unable to set 2D" error this is caused by Swat 3 and dgVoodoo not playing nice together. A fix for that is below:

www.swat3lastresort.info/index.php/unable-to-set-2d-mode-error

Conclusion:  Try installing the newest version of Last Resort mod right over the old one.   The first time run the game in 800x600 in both 2D and 3D to clear the error of "unable to set 2D".  Exit the game and Swat 3 will automatically save your modified Swat.cfg file.   From now on you should have no problems choosing whatever resolution you want in Last Resort.

Let us know how it goes or if you need further help fixing this.

More
2 years 3 months ago #2636 by ElecMan
Yes I'm using the v0.74 version.
Sorry but where can I download the v0.8.4? I do not see link in ://
Thanks

More
More
2 years 3 months ago #2638 by ElecMan
Thanks!
I tried the beta version. The odd thing is that I now get the DDERR_GENERIC error even if I checked to replace movies with the xvid version.
(I do have also installed the xvid codec)
So I'm able to run the game with the -nointro parameter but missions with end cinematic crash the game as expected..
Any hints?
One minor thing, in 1920x1080 mode I do not see UI like damage gauge or conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #2639 by Slippery Jim

One minor thing, in 1920x1080 mode I do not see UI like damage gauge or conversation.

Can you explain that better please? Not sure what you mean.

Moderators: DarkSynopsis
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds