Spam Prevention - PLEASE READ !! (23 Apr 2021)

Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.

Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.

Open Beta Test 4 - Last Resort Mod

More
10 months 2 weeks ago - 10 months 2 weeks ago #2618 by lunamonkey
Replied by lunamonkey on topic Open Beta Test 4 - Last Resort Mod
Sorry to be this guy..... but....

I noticed this before, but as there is this thread for testing: I noticed that the calendar in Mission A says 2009, and the game is set in 2005. Not that it's impossible to exist, but seems like it's out of place. 

Thanks for everything. May I donate to hosting or something please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago - 8 months 3 weeks ago #2619 by Slippery Jim
Replied by Slippery Jim on topic Open Beta Test 4 - Last Resort Mod
lol, of course you are the person who noticed that

Ya, I was going over Mission A recently with a fine-tooth comb and was rethinking that calendar not only because of the date. I was lazy when I initially did that texture by using part of an image from the internet, hence 2009. I should have just removed the year from the calendar.

What is funny about Swat 3 is that back in 1998 when they started working on the game 2005 probably seemed far enough in the future for their sci-fi helmets.

As for a donation, that is mighty kind of you.  We used to have a paypal link but I took it down since nobody ever used it, lol.   Right now Haystakk, a former leader of the community during the golden years of Swat, is generously providing the hosting to us.   These last few months we have been getting a lot of 503 errors on the website.   If we can't fix those I may have to move to a more expensive server.   If that happens I will post a donation system and will gladly accept any donations at that time.   T

More
8 months 3 weeks ago - 8 months 3 weeks ago #2688 by Slippery Jim
Replied by Slippery Jim on topic Open Beta Test 4 - Last Resort Mod

I noticed that the calendar in Mission A says 2009, and the game is set in 2005. Not that it's impossible to exist, but seems like it's out of place.

I correct this error and will be released in the next version of the mod.

The Albert Getts mission states that the crime takes place July 29, 2005 so I figured that the first mission (MissionA) was also safe to place it in July 2005.

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds