Last resort logo

SWAT 3 - LAST RESORT GAME MODIFICATION

Spam Prevention - PLEASE READ !! (23 Apr 2021)

Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.

Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.

SWAT 3 - Is Stereo sound only possible when using Creative Alchemy? [win10]

More
2 years 4 months ago #2536 by lunamonkey
Good evening,

I just realised whilst recording some footage that Swat 3 was coming all through the Centre channel only. So I enabled Creative Alchemy on Windows 10, and the Sound becomes Stereo again. 

I hadn't noticed this in 20 years, and was wondering whether you all have stereo sound as default? And maybe my set up has been messed with somehow and I didn't notice until now. Thank you. 

(I wish I could have surround sound, but no luck.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #2537 by Slippery Jim
You have 5.1 sound on your system or better?

I am still back in the Stone Age with 2.1 sound so I can't help you, sorry.

Anyone else here can answer to this?

More
2 years 4 months ago #2539 by lunamonkey
I have the option on my system of 5.1, but I realised SWAT3 wouldn't have that option.

My specific oddity was that whilst recording (for a Let's Play series using Last Resort), I noticed all the sound was coming through the centre speaker on SWAT3. Other games were recording fine if they had surround sound. (Using OBS recording software). Creative Sound Blaster Z sound card.

Then I enabled Creative Alchemy (a tool used for allowing surround sound in surround sound games on Windows 10).

I did this knowing not to expect surround sound on SWAT3.

However, it did enable Stereo sound. I was just wondering if this is a command pattern.

Jim, do you have Windows 10? What sound card do you use?

Moderators: DarkSynopsis
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds