Play Swat3 online with NeuWon - pt2

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #925 by Slippery Jim
Replied by Slippery Jim on topic Play Swat3 online with NeuWon - pt2
Yes, I think it was down yesterday.

I checked a few days ago if the Swat 3 server was up and it was. It turns out that it wasn't running on my end so Ben must have put a test server upn on his own again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #926 by Slippery Jim
Ben emailed. NeuWon servers will be down until next tuesday.

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #927 by PhilPerlmutter
Replied by PhilPerlmutter on topic Play Swat3 online with NeuWon - pt2
Thank you.
Love it how Swat 3 is kept alive.
Back the days, my brother gave it to me (I was not old enough to purchase it), and it is somehow one of the best all time experience games for me, no game really could compete to that.

More
2 weeks 3 days ago - 2 weeks 3 days ago #928 by Slippery Jim
I can't wait to finish this damn NeuWon release of Last Resort and actually try coop with a few people online. Been years since I last played with people in multiplayer in Swat 3.

More
1 week 2 days ago #929 by PhilPerlmutter
Yep, I just played the hospital mission an high difficulty again and failed :D. Also I kind of forgot how terrifying the sound of the AK47 in swat 3 is.

Can you tell me how to get swat3 neuwon installed? Because the website has always been offline when I checked it.

More
1 week 1 day ago - 1 week 1 day ago #930 by Slippery Jim
Grrrr, I typed out a detailed reply but the forum gave me a session timeout. Post was lost. I will need to see if I can fix that forum issue again.

I typed out a big long explanation but can't be assed to retype it right now. Basically you have to wait until the NeuWon website is back up. When the website is down so are the servers.

The files should still be on the Neuwon website.

I am working towards releasing a Last Resort update that will include NeuWon support. The process for registering a new account for NeuWon will also be made easier.

More
6 days 20 hours ago #931 by PhilPerlmutter
Don't worry, you provided the info I basically was looking for.
Thank you, we might catch up as soon the servers are online (and probably a friend who never has played swat3 but swat4 online with me in the past, and I finally convinced him to play swat3 telling him that swat4 never has been the same outstanding experience for me as swat3 has).

More
6 days 20 hours ago #932 by Slippery Jim
Basically you need a modified swat game executable. If I recall there are references in the executable to point to sierra.com and it is hacked to neuwon.com instead.

If you want to play default vanilla Swat 3 you can download the file from NeuWon.com and manually replace it. You then need to register a Swat 3 account and password with the site.

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds