My Game stop working!

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #1737 by Copy-Cat
My Game stop working! was created by Copy-Cat
I have managed to kill my game trying to import models.

Gonna do a reinstall of the game. I could really use your help on TeamSpeak to insure a successfull uninstall and reinstall of LR.

Let me know when you can get on.

I made the mistake of launching the debug option on the first crash, and somehow the ntdll is where it is crashing.

I believe its the visual studio causing it to crash.

I removed all mods and missions and still crashing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #1739 by Slippery Jim
Replied by Slippery Jim on topic My Game stop working!
Any luck fixing your game?

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. Back at full time work and it is killing me. Only free time is on weekends.

Still need assistance?

More
2 months 3 days ago #1832 by Copy-Cat
Replied by Copy-Cat on topic My Game stop working!
After installing Voddoo and messing with User Account control settings, setting 16 bit color mode on LR exe's, 1 headache, 2 advil cold and sinuses and bugging beckett, I got it to work again.

Thanks beckett!

I'm Back at it again. Let me know what is new..

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #1837 by Copy-Cat
I broke it again....

What I am doing is working on the character models and im near the limits of the game. The game begins to act weird.

The sky box is sometimes glitched. sometimes completely removed.
Files begin to go missing, like known textures within the res files.

There are others who have the same problem if you search .

Swat 3 crashes ntdll.dll and look at the posts on gog.

If anyone has info on this it would be greatly appreciated. I will continue to troubleshot and figure it out, maybe it will help someone else.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #1838 by Slippery Jim
So odd. You would think it would just be a temporary problem. For instance just turn off the offending skin and the game should be back to normal.

Do the Swat config/ini files get mangled when there is a crash?

More
1 month 3 days ago - 1 month 3 days ago #1862 by Copy-Cat
Went ahead and bought on steam to test a fresh copy of the game. going to install and get back to yall.

UPDATE: it worked. (for a few minutes)

UPDATE: I broke the Steam Version of the game! lol...
I am working on the characters and Swat officers hi-res skins trying to get the hi poly models in there and i ran my character test map and broke the steam version. Now the same errors i got on my Sierra/Swat3 game is now happening on the Steam version.

Anyone else wanting to break their game... see me ... and I will give you the files so you can break your game be in the same boat as me and we can figure this thing out. I think it has something to do with error reporting and debugging.

More
1 month 2 days ago - 1 month 2 days ago #1863 by Slippery Jim
Once I get the new beta copy out I may take you up on your offer after Christmas. I have 2 laptops that I don't really play the game on so would be interesting to try.

Could the crash be causing Windows to turn on some sort of compatibility mode that continues to mess with the game?

Comparing the Windows registery before and after the crash would be interesting.

Usually when the game crashes only the swat.cfg file can get mangled. Could it be something as simple as that? Delete the file and the game will auto regenerate a new one.

update: On second though since you have the Steam version try turning off the Last Resort mod with the toggle switch at the top right of the launcher and then use Steam's "VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES". This will confirm that it isn't the game files that are corrupted.

More
1 month 1 day ago - 1 month 1 day ago #1873 by Copy-Cat
I have tried that, the problem persists. I have tried completely uninstalling the game from steam, deleting the folder, re-download and install, and I still have the ntdll.dll error.

Could be some compatibility mode that is causing the crash. I also tried deleting the cfg and no go.

I suspect maybe since the character is so glitchy because it is at the limits of the game that it is causing a memory leak, and windows is detecting it and killing all further instances of the Swat3.exe, Some sort of fail safe that is unknown , and unexplored.

The funny thing is I knew once I ran the map it was going to break.

There seems to be a correlation to run as administrator as opposed to running it with out Admin Privledges. This means you will have 2 chances to run your tests per install. One without Run as Admin, and another with admin.

This problem if solved could be the answer to so many other games people around the world have had with their game crashing due to ntdll,dll.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds