2 months 5 days ago - 2 months 4 days ago #1377 by Slippery Jim
Open Beta Test of LR Mod was created by Slippery Jim
Here is the first test build of the Last Resort mod that supports NeuWon:

www.dropbox.com/sh/hympo7djjd8h7ij/AAAVP...Dv30U7bRziYpi5a?dl=0

MD5: C7180E4B483569EB6D733333D11FB3AA
SHA-1: 891415964E66BFCE382F5AED9E955546A5C64F86

Known bugs:

- Desktop shortcut to LR Launcher does not get removed during uninstall of mod
- Last Resort Launcher settings file does not properly get removed from Appdata folder
- "Uninstall_Last_Resort.exe" doesn't delete and remains behind like a soldier on the beach of Dunkirk

Multiplayer Notes (how to get online):
If you own a version of Swat 3 from Steam or GoG.com you all share the same game key and will have conflicts on the server with other people. You will need to get a unique multiplayer key tied to your NeuWon account.

If you own the disc version of the game you already have a unique CD key and can just login with that!

• Visit the NeuWon website and create an account nuwon.net
  • Once you are logged in look for "Neuwon Account Management" section on left side of website
  • Click the "Register CDKey" and follow the instructions
  • You do not need the Swat 3 NeuWon patch they host. LR mod contains everything you need.

The Steam/GOG versions are both DRM free. You should not have any problems using a NeuWon generated multiplayer key. I have all 3 versions of the game (CD/GOG/Steam) and don't have problems with the NeuWon multiplayer key.

Mismatch errors:
If you get a Mismatch error in multiplayer it is possible you need to re-install a fresh copy of your game to resolve this issue. A very common problem people have is a file called "unins000.dat" in the main folder of Swat 3. This file can be renamed to "unins000.dat.bak" until you wish to uninstall Swat 3.

Clicked to join server but get error:
Sometimes it takes a few attempts before it properly connects. Not sure why this happens but hope to resolve this in the future. Usually you get a "Can not get client list" warning after a short time. Just attempt again. If the game hangs for long time and you get an error number that is a more serious matter (usually means the game server is down).

Firewall Settings:
Here are the recommended ports to open for Swat 3 so you can go peer-2-peer properly:

• TCP: 15101, 15200, 15300, 15800, 16639
  • UDP: 16638

Server Stability:
Your patience is appreciated during this testing period. I have noticed that the server seems to crash fairly easily and we are not sure why yet. I repeat, this server is not stable yet and it has never been tested with more than two people at a time. I have not even had time yet to test if the server can be made to auto-reboot after a crash. If you do crash the server please drop a message in this thread and I will restart it as soon as I can.

Don't expect long gaming sessions like the old days yet!

Server Status on this website:
A reminder that the server status shown on the right side of the frontpage of this site is not entirely accurate yet (you have to be logged in to see it). It is possible the server has partially crashed and reports that all is fine. I started work an a more accurate version but haven't completed it.

Installing the mod:
  • If you plan on installing the mod over an old version it is recommended that you turn the old version of the mod off first. Start the Last Resort Launcher and click the big toggle button at the top right. Save and Quit the Launcher. Install New version.

• If you are installing the mod over a freshly installed copy of Swat 3 it is recommended that you run the vanilla game once. This will ensure that the game is running properly and that you generate a proper Swat.cfg file that the LR installer will automatically back up.

The purpose of this beta release is:
  • Test the Last Resort Launcher that has been recoded in Visual Studio 2019
  • Test the installer for the mod since it is doing a lot more than previous releases
  • Test the mod's uninstaller since it is doing a lot more than previous releases
  • Test the NeuWon multiplayer server. Figure out what is the cause of the crashes!
  • Get feedback on all the above items

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 5 days ago #1378 by Slippery Jim
Replied by Slippery Jim on topic Open Beta Test of LR Mod
Furrycat has a CD Key tool on his website that some people may find useful if they wish to check what key they are using.

swat3.furrycat.net/tools.html

You will get different results if you run the tool without Admin status. Technically you can store two different CD keys in your Windows registry but it is recommended to give the tool Admin status to work with the proper key.

More
2 months 5 days ago #1379 by DomeShot
Replied by DomeShot on topic Open Beta Test of LR Mod
Completely uninstalled SWAT3 and installed v0.8 on a fresh copy. Everything went smoothly and had no problems at all. A+ on the install process. A+ on the new look of the LR Launcher. A+ on everything! Thanks so much for working so hard on this Jim! And others if anyone contributed. Tested 5 maps so far and everything is working amazing. Hope it's ok to post here but wanted to say Thank You and let you know how it went on my end.

More
2 months 4 days ago - 2 months 4 days ago #1380 by Slippery Jim
Much thanks for testing it out. I left this thread open so people can post their feedback/bug reports.

Additional notes for the new launcher for people to test out:
- if you want nothing to do with the Custom Chat mods you can delete the custom chat folder and that whole tab won't show in the LR Launcher. It is "modular".

- You can re-install the mod without worry about uninstalling it first. The mod doesn't register with Windows like other applications. You won't find it registered in the APPS of the Windows Settings. Only shortcuts are added that can be deleted at any time. It is still recommended that you manually turn off the Last Resort mod (with the toggle switch at the top right of the launcher) before re-installing.

More
2 months 4 days ago - 2 months 4 days ago #1381 by DarkSynopsis
Replied by DarkSynopsis on topic Open Beta Test of LR Mod
Did an uninstall of the past version and re-install of the new one, seems to have gone smooth.

The addition of setup handling the unins000.dat is nice, I forgot that was an issue that had popped up in the past, just looking at the base SWAT3 folder again I guess the game just tries to read any .dat? poor design choice when there is only 2 in there.

More
2 months 4 days ago - 2 months 4 days ago #1382 by Slippery Jim
Ya, it really only compares .DAT files. The most basics of cheat protection. Perhaps cheat protection wasn't even it's purpose. Maybe they just wanted to check if people had different patch versions and/or language versions.

Thanks for trying it out.

More
2 months 4 days ago #1383 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic Open Beta Test of LR Mod
Hi Slippery. I installed v 0.8 right now on a Windows 7 x64 machine. It works flawlessly and also the server seems to work fine at the moment.

More
2 months 3 days ago - 2 months 3 days ago #1385 by Slippery Jim
Thanks Mark for testing. It is appreciated.

General note to all:

Since the launcher does a renaming of the game executables I am curious how the new code handles after the game crashes. The old version of the Launcher could get fairly easily confused. I made the code more robust in terms of checking for problems and fixing them. I am sure it isn't perfect but hopefully a lot better.

Please let me know if you see or have errors with the launcher (or even warnings) about the game executables.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds