Last resort logo

SWAT 3 - LAST RESORT GAME MODIFICATION

Spam Prevention - PLEASE READ !! (23 Apr 2021)

Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.

Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.

Need beta testers

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #1288 by Slippery Jim
Replied by Slippery Jim on topic Need beta testers
Discovered the bug. It had nothing to do with the how Swat 3 was being launched. It has to do with how Swat.cfg was saved. There are 3 bytes at the start of the file that shouldn't be there (they were filtered out by both Notepad and ConTEXT so I never saw them until I examined the file with a Hex editor).

All fixed now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #1289 by DomeShot
Replied by DomeShot on topic Need beta testers
Great news! Can't wait! Glad you found what was going on.

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #1297 by Slippery Jim
The installer package "coding" is almost done. I just need the owner of NeuWon to reply to my emails!

I am trying to decide if I should give the option to install the re-encoded Swat 3 movies in this installer. Some people are extremely lazy so an all-in-one package would help get Swat 3 running properly for people too lazy to search.

If I did include the movies what codec should they be in? XVID or Mpeg4? Both seem to be more Windows 10 friendly than the original Indeo codec format. I suspect the Mpeg4 file would be larger than an XVID version but won't require a codec download.

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #1299 by DomeShot
Replied by DomeShot on topic Need beta testers
I would have to agree. But I've used the xviD recodes provided by you I believe and never had to download any codecs. But I may be missing something. But I do agree peope are sometimes lazy and a better solution would be an all-in-one installer.

UPDATE: I checked and the recoded xviD movies are in avi format. I'm not really sure where I got that from.

More
4 years 1 month ago #1300 by Slippery Jim
Ya, both the XVID and Mpeg4 codecs can be used with the .avi format.

Can't say I recall downloading the XVID codec (or any codec for that matter) for any of my machines in many years.

More
4 years 1 month ago #1303 by DarkSynopsis
Replied by DarkSynopsis on topic Need beta testers

DomeShot wrote: Yeah I downloaded and installed dgVoodoo2 to the SWAT3 directory, ran the configuration wizard and got everything set. And it plays just like it use to. Glad something like this has been created because without it, for SWAT3 anyways, it would honestly be unbearable to play. When Microsoft created Windows 10 they could have left in support for older games and what not. Alot of people I know still play the old school games.

Did you grab the latest dgVoodoo? My SWAT3 has been running on 2.54 since who knows when, thought I'd upgrade it to the latest 2.63 and the game seems to have problems rendering most menus, skyboxes and even various map textures.

Moderators: DarkSynopsis
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds