Last resort logo

SWAT 3 - LAST RESORT GAME MODIFICATION

Spam Prevention - PLEASE READ !! (23 Apr 2021)

Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.

Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.

Play Swat3 online with NeuWon - pt3

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #1343 by Slippery Jim
Other location that CD key is stored:

Code:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\WON\CDKeys

Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\WON\CDKeys

This were I found it after using Furrycat's CD key tool to change the key from the Steam version to the given NeuWon key. Not sure if it was there before I used it. The original Steam key is still there at the registry location previously given a few posts back.

Update: Figured out why the difference. This "virtualstore" location is used by non-admins. If I ran the CD Key tool again with admin privileges it would use the "steam" key shown at the previous post's registry location. Does that mean you could have two CD keys depending on if you run Swat3 with or without admin privileges? Interesting if true.

Quote from internet:

For a program to be eligible for virtualization, it must be 32bit, not running with administrator rights and must not have been compiled with a manifest file indicating it is for Vista or later.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #1344 by Slippery Jim
Tested and confirmed: GOG.com version installs the same CD key as Steam version in the same registry location.

Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\WON\CDKeys

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #1384 by Mark
Hi guys, since the server seems working now, hop in for some good coop game. Im online right now.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #1388 by Slippery Jim
Once we get a few more people downloading the beta of the mod we should do a coop night. The server needs to be stressed tested at some point.

I will be rustly as hell though!

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #1400 by Mark
Is there someone who wants to play ? Just let me know and Ill connect to the server.

More
3 years 11 months ago #1609 by Higgins
Hy, i am just curious if someone still play online?
first time i logged in after the new LR install i saw there was a mission already in progress.
and this was the only time i saw someone on a mission.

the servers are now offline but how was it before?

on the new and last LR version i had to make some changed in the swat.ini to be able to start the software normal.

i had to change some of the paths to C drive if if it was not set that way.
also i had to delet everything following text: custom chat.
have read somewere that you can delet the custom chat or something but in that case the files were meant and not inside swat.ini afaik.

on my 1st install i thought it was my fault or something,
but after this was also on the new LR version present i thought mb someone will run into the same issue.

and to my side i use swat not becaus of a slow pc.
ofc i could imagine that some ppl do so bc of that reason but i hope they know better reasons why to pick swat3ee...
i knew it back then and still know it.
i assume you dont play swat bc of that reason either.
and you also have some kind of joy in exploring the files.
just my guess. and its more than "nostalgia" even i am that kind of type swat is more than that no doubt.
maybe just for me idk.

swat4 is kinda joke and its made on unreal engine omg..
it sure has it potential but in the wrog places.
and yes i had swat4 when it came out.
ofc its "fun" like other games and things but not more tbh.
mb i am too straight foward with my opinion but you can slapp me for that.
if you dont know the great parts about swat3 beside the AI and MAPS i cant help :D

oh i am not everyday online
enjoying my freedome :D

Moderators: DarkSynopsis
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds