Spam Prevention - Please Read! (23 Apr 2021)

Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.

Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.

Potential upgrade ideas for Last Resort mod

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #1272 by Slippery Jim
Potential upgrade ideas for Last Resort mod was created by Slippery Jim
Now that Copy-Cat has learned some new skills I thought I would start a thread of ideas for things I would love to see fixed with Swat 3/Last Resort mod.

• All 2D menus get centered. Mission (Standard) and Career (New) screens are all at top left. Being centered would help make things look better and would also limit how much custom .con file work I would need to do. Is this a flag when a DirectDraw window is created? (in progress...manual coordinate changes + new graphics)

• .TGA files larger than 256x256. This will probably be an impossible one to fix but this limitation is kicking us in the ass in terms of improving the look of Swat 3. I assume if it was easy to do AlienAbducter would have done it when he figured out the bitmaps. - completed by Copy-cat and Beckett

• Map.exe gets hacked so 1024x1024 maximum Bitmaps and and Targa textures can be used when Worldcraft compiles the map. Would make it easier for map makers who use Last Resort to make high resolution textured maps. If it all works we could launch directly from Worldcraft into Swat 3 after map build.

Future dreams for down the road:

• 32 bit colour. I hesitate to even mention this one because I think it will be a waste of time. I doubt this is possible considering the ancient DirectDraw and DirectX version the game uses. I imagine anything like this would have to be a DirectX 9 hook.

• I will update this top post as I recall some things that really could use changing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
    1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #1462 by Slippery Jim
    Replied by Slippery Jim on topic Potential upgrade ideas for Last Resort mod
  • Increase the count on how many Tangos and Civs we can pack into "Random Objectives" in a mission. Currently max of 30 total.
  • Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
    1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #1511 by Copy-Cat
    Replied by Copy-Cat on topic Potential upgrade ideas for Last Resort mod
    I'm about to get back on the 3d character models for the swat officers, and have a huge post that I want to run by you before I post it.

But before I do, wanted to post here about another potential upgrade I myself have tried to figure out.

• Increase the Shoot distance of firearms.

• I made a distancetest map I have been using to test and a mod to give you a sniper rifle.
    The map is complete with a long corridor with 2 targets. There are walls at the other end of the targets that are within 1 unit from the max distance to use while testing.
    The mod gives you the sniper rifle as a replacement for the mp5, when using the command line arguments to run the map. Let me know if ya want the files and/or how to get these files uploaded for others to use for this process.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.412 seconds