Last resort logo

SWAT 3 - LAST RESORT GAME MODIFICATION

Spam Prevention - PLEASE READ !! (23 Apr 2021)

Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.

Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.

Open Beta Test 3 - Last Resort Mod

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #2276 by Slippery Jim
Updated post:

After some searching I discovered the source of the problem.   It was my mistake and I am ashamed wasn't caught before.

The mirror model is by [BBE]Drummer but somehow his texture ("mirror.bmp") never made it into the mod.

I will upload a fixed version of "Last_Resort_v0.8.3.zip" and add a link in next post.

Good catch!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #2277 by Slippery Jim
Okay I uploaded the fix to the dropbox folder with the other beta files

www.dropbox.com/sh/hxk8fl3avgirvod/AABDr...OobJmSLpLo4jyIa?dl=0

Dropbox automatically looks into the .zip file like a normal folder when it displays it. Just hit the arrow down button on the top right to download the whole file intact.

Place it in your Swat 3's mod folder and overwrite the original file in there that was installed with the beta of Last Resort. As usual don't unzip into that folder.

Much thanks again for finding my mistake.

More
2 years 11 months ago #2297 by DarkSynopsis

Still can't connect to the server. I emailed the owner of NeuWon and also texted him but no reply (he is a busy guy and not sure if my international texts are going through properly).

If anyone gets a chance when they see the server is up please also test if you can connect.

I've seen the site show the server up once or twice over the past couple days but no luck connecting.

More
2 years 11 months ago #2298 by Slippery Jim
Ya, the owner of NeuWon got back to me, worked on the network, and thought he had resolved the problems but sadly we still can not connect.

Last night I just forgot to shut down the server after testing it.

Thanks for trying it out. I was starting to think it was just me that was having problems.

More
2 years 11 months ago #2300 by Slippery Jim
Just got home from a long day of work to see an email from Ben the owner of the NeuWon Network. There was a slight configuration error on his end that was causing the connection issues but everything appears to be fixed now.

It may still take a few attempts before you connect but this is normal.

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #2301 by Slippery Jim
New information update regarding the server:

I just got another email from the owner of NeuWon with some more good news. He is nearing completion of the website upgrades over at the NeuWon site.   Right now the website is mostly broken so the upgrade is very much needed.

He will also be sending me a "moderator client" that will give us the ability to deal with troublemakers on the server.   This is amazing news because I was worried about what will happen in the future if we get an influx of people using the server once we make the "big" release announcement.   As of right now I have zero control over the server so a moderator client is much needed.

Moderators: DarkSynopsis
Time to create page: 0.376 seconds