Spam Prevention - Please Read! (23 Apr 2021)
Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.
Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.
Open Beta Test 3 - Last Resort Mod
Here is the third test build of the Last Resort mod that supports NeuWon and fixes all the remaining menus.
Checksums (to comfirm file integrity):
Click here for instructions how to get online
Next Server test window:
(sorry cancelled until server issue resolved)
= Release History =
version 0.8.3 - April 19, 2021:
- No menu option only works properly in single player
- Added Help screen tab in launcher
- Added Swat 3 server status tab in launcher
- The installer offers Mpeg-4 re-encoded Swat 3 movies
- Fixed "save and quit" duplicate .exe error
- Added new HD textures for Import Store map
= Release History =
version 0.8.0 - December 18, 2020:
- LR Launcher code completely re-written in Visual Studio 2019
- Added NeuWon multiplayer support
- Added support for maximum 1024x1024 pixel Targa files
- Added 1366x768 2D menus
- Added ability to turn off custom menus with mod activated
- Removed some old resolutions (some possibly temporarily)
- Added double the view distance of original Swat 3
- Modified click sounds for LR Launcher
- Removed obsolete files needed to run the LR Launcher
- Re-organized the folder structure of LR mod files
- Fixed game executable checking and restoring
- Added startup suggestion of 32-bit colours
- New high resolution textures in Mission M (Phoenix Club)
- New high resolution textures in Mission Y (LA Convention)
Feel free to download and give me feedback if everything works for you.
UPDATE FIX: There was a single missing texture so I uploaded a fix to the same beta link at the top.
Step 1: If you haven't already downloaded and installed "Last_Resort_Setup_v080_beta3.exe" you need to do so first.
Step 2: Download the fixed file "Last_Resort_v0.8.3.zip"
Dropbox automatically looks into the .zip file like a normal folder when it displays it. Just hit the arrow down button on the top right to download the whole file intact.
Step 3: Manually copy "Last_Resort_v0.8.3.zip" into your Swat 3's mod folder and overwrite the original file in there that was installed with the beta of Last Resort. As usual do not unzip the file (just keep it as it is).
For the final release I want to also post a standalone "manual install" option in .zip format for those people who don't trust installer software for security reasons.
Today I will be working on updating the server in preparation for this weekend so you may see it online (just for today).
UPDATE: It has been a while since the server has been up and now I can't get the server list. Could be a problem at the NeuWon side because he did replace some hardware. I emailed the owner of NeuWon.
- Posts: 3
If anyone gets a chance when they see the server is up please also test if you can connect.
- Posts: 4
Any feedback is welcome really ie. comments about things your don't like about the mod. Don't be shy about being negative since I have lived with the mod so long that I may not have a clear vision on what sucks about it.
This is looking like it will be a release candidate unless bugs are discovered. Once this is done I can concentrate on making new HD textures for maps.
PS: thanks for testing this out!
- Posts: 4
Initially I suspected a mod to cause it but I have unchecked them all and it is still there:
The texture of the optiwand is some sort of white greenish, like some sort of placeholder texture.
PS: Thanks for keeping Swat3 alive, a game experience that has never been recreated by any modern game so far.