Last resort logo

SWAT 3 - LAST RESORT GAME MODIFICATION

Spam Prevention - PLEASE READ !! (23 Apr 2021)

Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.

Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.

Unable to set 3D video mode (640x480)

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #2216 by Juice_420
I just got the mod and whenever I try to play it says unable to set 3d video mode (640x480). I also only have two resolutions to choose from in the launcher even with compatibility mode set to windows 7. I tried looking everywhere to find a solution but I couldn't find one. the only two resolutions i can pick are: 1680 x 1050, and 1920 x 1200.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 weeks ago - 3 years 2 weeks ago #2217 by Slippery Jim
Sorry for the troubles.

1) Just curious are you using dgVoodoo with the game?

2) What version of the mod are you using? It should tell you in the bottom left of the launcher.

3) Did you get Swat 3 to run fine BEFORE you installed the Last Resort mod?

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #2219 by Juice_420
Yes I am using dgvoodoo with the game. I am using the most recent version of the mod. With last resort turned off the game still gives me the error with the 3d thing. I installed last resort before even playing the game for the first time so that could be why?

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #2220 by Juice_420
I just uninstalled last resort and tried playing swat 3 again but I still got the error.

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #2221 by radioteque
Hey,

I remember having this issue as well and it was a pain in the butt fixing - I believe you have to do the following things to fix:

- in the Last Resort setup menu, set both the resolutions (2d and 3d) to something smaller than your desktop resolution but higher than 640 x 480. Change the game to windowed mode. Be sure to do this in both the last resort launcher and the DGVoodoo setup screen.

- Start the game, start a map. Quit.

- In the launcher, set your settings back the way they were.

See if it works. I had the exact same issue and can't exactly remember the steps I took to get it working.

More
3 years 2 weeks ago - 3 years 2 weeks ago #2222 by Slippery Jim
Try removing dgVoodoo also from the mix.

You want to get Swat 3 back to it's original state. Once you get that running then you can start adding "the improvements".

If you have the GOG.com or Steam version you may wish to also use the "verify game files" feature to make sure your game re-downloads any changed files (this feature is part of the Steam/GOG client software).

Juice_420 needs to confirm that his desktop can switch to 800x600 resolution first. One of my laptops couldn't run that resolution until I manually went into the video driver and activated it. The laptop only had an onboard video and didn't have a full feature Nvidia card that I am used to.

I am curious Juice_420 are you using a desktop with a dedicated video card or is it like when I had troubles on a laptop with only onboard video?

Moderators: DarkSynopsis
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds