Potential framerate fix (Windows 10)

More
2 weeks 4 days ago - 2 weeks 4 days ago #2227 by radioteque
Replied by radioteque on topic Potential framerate fix (Windows 10)
Aehnkantos,

I uploaded the experimental release that I nabbed from March 16 - see if this version works any better . Crossing fingers.

Also, what settings do you have running for DGVoodoo? Can you pop over a screenshot?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 day 5 hours ago #2271 by radioteque
Replied by radioteque on topic Potential framerate fix (Windows 10)
Hey all,

Just an update on this - I recently got in contact with Dege (of DGVoodoo) and he found out the REAL reason why the framerate was dipping. I'll paste the text in here:

"I checked it out and it seems to be the general problem plaguing other games as well for a lot of users (when hw mouse is emulated).
It's not a cache issue but, for some reason, at certain levels in the game a lot of WM_SETCURSOR messages are posted to the game window proc that dgVoodoo hooks, and querying the cursor visibility is handled in a lame way."

He's confirmed that for the next release this will be fixed. While I know it wasn't an issue for everyone, hopefully anyone else experiencing the same thing won't have to deal with it in the future. Yeehaw!

More
1 day 5 hours ago #2272 by Slippery Jim
Replied by Slippery Jim on topic Potential framerate fix (Windows 10)
Wow. Great job on reaching out to him! You may even want to post this on Steam and GOG.com Swat 3 forums.

Excellent news.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds