Last resort logo

SWAT 3 - LAST RESORT GAME MODIFICATION

Spam Prevention - PLEASE READ !! (23 Apr 2021)

Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.

Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.

Swat 3 Server shut down temporarily

More
3 years 2 months ago #2118 by flood6
Hi, any idea on when servers back and when maybe someones up for a game ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #2122 by Slippery Jim
As mentioned before the server won't be on much until the next beta test. Even then it would only be on for testing purposes.

Once the proper release of mod happens then the server will be up regularly and at that point we will start to advertise.

Right now there isn't enough people able to play online to make it worth aging the hardware needlessly.

More
3 years 1 week ago #2247 by flood6
any idea on a final product ?

More
3 years 1 week ago #2248 by Slippery Jim
Ah sorry.

The NeuWon network was down for a bit while the owner bought some new hardware. It is now back up and running.

All the Last Resort files are ready for the next build. I just need to tweak the installer a little.

I re-started work on the high resolution version of the Import Store and was hoping to include it in the next beta. I may have to give up on that dream and release it on the next build since I can't stop tweaking it.

I also want to move the Swat 3 server to a more permanent location. I need to order some parts to accomplish this.

Sorry for the delays. I am the king of procrastination.

More
3 years 1 week ago - 3 years 1 week ago #2249 by flood6
can run a server from here if you want, i have a monster connection and a server laying around

also what is import store 

cannot wait for a multiplayer game in the future 

More
3 years 1 week ago - 3 years 1 week ago #2250 by Slippery Jim
That is up to Ben who owns NeuWon. He gives out the server files.

Import Store map is one of the original Sierra made maps. Copy-cat replicated the geometry and I applied textures and such.

Here is old video on the remake.  Many things have been improved since:

The middle part of the video shows things that annoyed me such as textures blurring with distance.  This is resolved when I applied the new high resolution textures.

Moderators: DarkSynopsis
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds