Last resort logo

SWAT 3 - LAST RESORT GAME MODIFICATION

Spam Prevention - PLEASE READ !! (23 Apr 2021)

Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.

Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.

Open Beta Test 2 - Last Resort Mod

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #2112 by DarkSynopsis
The no menu issue is so bizarre, as for the movie issue, I guess the only other solution would be to have the launcher install them instead of it being a separate download.

Assuming a codec that Windows 10 / Older? has as a default it used it shouldn't cause issues for anyone, at least no more than they would have got anyway?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #2113 by Slippery Jim
Ya, the "no_menu" issue is really bizarre. I made a new version of the mod so that the no_menu behaves the same way as the other hacked 2D resolutions and still get that error (ie using a file "00.res" in LastResort special folder)

I have gone over the "no_menu" hacked executable with a fine tooth comb. There are only 4 differences - 2 hacks didn't need doing because it is 800x600 already and 2 hacks weren't needed for a custom menu.dat filename. Yup already tried a version with a custom menu.dat filename also.

Using a custom "menu.dat" filename would defeat the purpose of the "no_menu" anyways.

As for the movies the problem would start if someone used the file verification feature of Steam or GOG launcher. The movies would be replaced by the originals. They would need to re-install the mod again.

Some people (like myself) can get Swat 3 working fine with the original movies.   If the Last Resort Launcher uses a renamed hacked executable instead of "swat.exe" that could then cause movie issues for those same lucky people like me.   This is a tough one because I do prefer the simplicity of not dyamically renaming executables.    I am also kind of surprised some anti-virus apps haven't complained about it with a false positive.

Update:  in other words I am scared of creating more people like our friend Jac who can't get the movies working.   Perhaps there are more of them that aren't showing up just because right now the dynamic renaming of all executables to "swat.exe" is masking another problem for some people?

More
3 years 2 months ago #2139 by Slippery Jim
I have been avoiding the beta problem mentioned above for a few weeks now but I am getting the itch to finally attack it.

I will drop the "no menu" feature for now and also revert to dynamic renaming of the game executables. This will be a pain since I have to merge two versions of the launcher software.

More
3 years 1 week ago #2246 by flood6
cant wait for a final version, bursting at the seems

More
3 years 1 week ago - 3 years 1 week ago #2260 by Slippery Jim
Testing the installer for beta 3 right now.

version 0.8.3:
- No menu option only works properly in single player
- Added Help screen tab in launcher
- Added Swat 3 server status tab in launcher
- The installer offers Mpeg-4 re-encoded Swat 3 movies
- Fixed "save and quit" duplicate .exe error
- Included proper new door texture for Import Store

Update: Looks like everything is working.  Will test some more and upload this weekend.

More
2 years 10 months ago #2358 by flood6
very excited to try, and hello all again!

Moderators: DarkSynopsis
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds