Last resort logo

SWAT 3 - LAST RESORT GAME MODIFICATION

Spam Prevention - PLEASE READ !! (23 Apr 2021)

Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.

Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.

Swat 3 multiplayer/co-op

More
3 years 4 months ago #1857 by Napoleon1804
Hello all,

I'm a huge Swat 3 fans since early 2000's, and I had so much hours of fun on this game.
But there is no more multiplayer servers nowadays.

I searched on internet for a solution, and I got only two answers :
- Using a virtual LAN (Hamachi)
- Using Neuwon for Swat 3.

The problem is that when I use Hamachi and I create a network, I can see my friends in it, but not in Swat 3.
And when I use Neuwon and go in Swat 3 and then in "LAN multiplayer", I don't see my friends either.

I deactivated my firewall and my friends too, son I don't know what is the problem...
And as Swat 3 is an old game, it's really hard to seek for help.

Do you have a solution to my problem ?

(I have Swat 3 on CD, GOG and Steam, but I use mainly swat 3 on GOG. I went there to upgrade my game, then I installed Last resort, and finally a CD-key tool)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #1858 by Slippery Jim
Hey there Napoleon.

With Neuwon you don't select LAN Multiplayer and instead you want to choose Internet multiplayer. However the NeuWon game server is down right now.

I intend to release a new beta version of the Last Resort mod for Christmas. If you and all your friends have this version you should be able to play together when the server is back up.

Everyone on the server needs a unique CD key though. The GOG and Steam versions all use the same CD key. You can manually change the CD key of the GOG/Steam install without any problems.

More
3 years 4 months ago #1859 by Napoleon1804
Thanks for your reply.

I'll wait for the updated version of Last Resort.

But what about Hamachi ? Do you know how to play Swat 3 on a virtual LAN ?

More
3 years 4 months ago #1860 by Slippery Jim
Not sure why it didn't work for you. When you say your firewall was turned off does that include the firewall on your router?

I don't recommend being on the internet without a firewall for long though.

More
3 years 4 months ago #1861 by DarkSynopsis
In the past I've found ZoneAlarm could prevent LAN working in SWAT even when allowed through the firewall and even when it was "disabled" but was probably a service still running, so could depend on the firewall, moved away from it years ago at this point.

Have you tried another game with Hamachi over LAN to see if its just SWAT? I haven't really used Hamachi since LogMeIn acquired it, was always some feature that bugged me, can't recall what though/

I personally use ZeroTier these days on the rare occasion I a virtual LAN.

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #1864 by Slippery Jim
Oh god you have a good memory. I had forgotten about the hell that was ZoneAlarm. I don't think I have touched it for over 15 years.

Moderators: DarkSynopsis
Time to create page: 0.304 seconds