Last resort logo

SWAT 3 - LAST RESORT GAME MODIFICATION

Spam Prevention - PLEASE READ !! (23 Apr 2021)

Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.

Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.

Ai not initialized

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #1257 by Slippery Jim
Replied by Slippery Jim on topic Ai not initialized

Cerbere wrote: only thing is their is no hostages in all mission/campaign only hostiles

Okay that is the oddest thing that I have heard of yet. Does that still happen with the LR mod turned off?

What version of the game do you have to start with on CD? My disk is the original 1.0 version so I had to use several different patches to get it to 2.1 version.

What language version do you have? The Last Resort mod really is made for the North American version of Swat 3 and I have never tested it on an international version mainly because I don't have access to one. I am just curious what you have.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #1260 by Cerbere
Replied by Cerbere on topic Ai not initialized
So i have the 1.7 US version on the cd (the GOTY) i forgot to mention that when i start with LR mod it give a error 58 (file already exist) so i start the game using the swat_1920x1080.exe. I will try with LR mod turned off and get back to you today

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #1262 by Slippery Jim

Cerbere wrote: when i start with LR mod it give a error 58 (file already exist) so i start the game using the swat_1920x1080.exe

Ya sorry about that. The new version of the mod will be much better at dealing with issues like that.

Basically you have a duplicate game executable and the launcher is confused. Turn off the LR launcher with the toggle switch and look in your Swat 3 folder. You should see the following executables with the last released version of the mod.

MOD TURNED OFF:

• swat.exe
  • swat_800x600.exe
  • swat_1024x768.exe
  • swat_1280x1024.exe
  • swat_1440x900.exe
  • swat_1920x1080.exe

with the mod turned off you should not have a file called "swat_original.exe" if all the other files exist.

More
4 years 1 month ago #1306 by Cerbere
Replied by Cerbere on topic Ai not initialized
Sorry for the delay replying, if i turn the mod off i get "error opening m3nu.dat", i do not see swat_original.exe in my swat3 folder, i have tried with all exe but no luck

More
4 years 1 month ago #1307 by Slippery Jim
When the mod gets turned off it renames swat_original.exe back to swat.exe.

Or at least it should if everything is working fine. Sometimes when Swat 3 crashes you end up with a duplicate file that messes the process up.

With the mod turned off it should be using the normal "menu.dat". It sounds like somehow you have the wrong swat.exe being run. Look for a "backups" folder in your Swat 3 folder. There should be a backup copy of "Swat.exe" in there. Copy it to your main game folder.

More
4 years 1 month ago #1330 by Slippery Jim
I have been thinking about this thread and there may be a fault with how the Last Resort mod works with campaigns. I have to test it out still so I could be wrong about this.

Due to texture conflicts I was forced to move certain features of Last Resort into a normal mod. This change could be a source of trouble since mods are only used in Multiplayer games.

Believe it or not I have been working on this mod for 10 years and I forget how certain mechanics work with the game. Every once and a while I have to refresh my memory. This thread issue is one of those things, lol.

Moderators: DarkSynopsis
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds