Last resort logo

SWAT 3 - LAST RESORT GAME MODIFICATION

Spam Prevention - PLEASE READ !! (23 Apr 2021)

Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.

Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.

Supporting this mod

• panko
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 hours ago #946 by panko
Supporting this mod was created by panko
Dear Slippery.Jim,
I recently discovered your mod and being an old die hard fan of Swat 3 I'm asking if you need some help on stuff like textures, models and so on.
I just started some time ago a complete rework of the weapon with some hd models.

Thanx in advance

panko

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #947 by Slippery Jim
Replied by Slippery Jim on topic Supporting this mod
Hey there Panko.

Always could use some help.

1) Replacement high-res textures for maps. There are several maps I have on the go that I am working on texture replacements but there are a ton of other Sierra maps I haven't even started.

2) Replacement officer skins. I have a dream that some day we will have high-res officer skins that look like normal Swat officers and not the futuristic Swat 3 officers.

3) Replacement gun models and skins. To be honest I haven't even thought about getting that far. I guess it wouldn't hurt to have high res versions but with a reasonable poly count.

I have been working the last year on releasing a new version of the mod that has NeuWon multiplayer support. This is almost done and soon I can get back to working on replacement textures.

• panko
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #948 by panko
Replied by panko on topic Supporting this mod
1) I'm going to check which textures needs replacement and try to improve them.
Which resolution, format and compression I have to use to export them? I'm using free tools like Gimp and IrfanView.

2) I'm currently using a mod called SWAT_LAPD that already have two realistic models (source induktio.net/swat3/Skins.html )

3) Regarding weapon models, I found they have to be below 2400-2500 to be correctly viewed ingame, above that count seems that the game engine have some problems processing it and causes some weird polygon misplacements.

P.S: Where can I upload the stuff I'm going to make? Do we need a dedicated Dropbox, Drive or FTP storage?

Cheers

More
4 years 11 months ago #949 by Slippery Jim
I typed a big long reply but I took too long and the forum just ate it up and it disappeared. I really need to google how to fix that.

Will retype it later today or tomorrow.

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #956 by Slippery Jim
Sorry for delay on responding. I got busy on a small side project for the game Bomber Crew.

Texture Sizes:

With Swat 3 the textures have to be .BMP 24-bit files but with the Last Resort mod they can be 1024x1024 pixels maximum size. Of course we have to choose the largest size only if it really warrants it. We are still trying to keep the system requirements fairly low.

The transparent textures (.TGA files) are still limited to maximum 256x256 pixels unfortunately.

Replacement Map Textures:
If this is something you would be interested in doing we will have to pick a map that I am not already doing the upgrade on. The philosophy of the mod is that we are trying to recreate the textures as closely as possible to the originals but in higher resolution. They don't always have to be visually identically as long as they capture the same feeling.

We don't want any legal troubles with the mod by using textures from other games unless they are fairly modified.

SWAT_LAPD skins:

I remember looking at them long ago but I am also hoping for upgraded skins that maximise the polygon count and texture sizes (within reason). There were also some nice BBE skins but they too would have to be tweaked. I am not a skin guy and would probably be too lazy to learn how to do them myself.

High-res Weapons:

To be honest I haven't even thought about touching the weapons yet because of how slowly I work. It is something that would be great to have though with say 512x512 pixel textures (twice the texture resolution of the originals) and of course with maximum polygon count allowable in Swat 3.

Word of warning:

I am protective of this mod and reserve the right to reject additions to the mod if I feel they aren't up to a certain quality. I have been working on this mod for many years (very part time). I know I have pissed off people in the past with this on occasion. :oops:

• panko
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #1015 by panko
Replied by panko on topic Supporting this mod
I'm back with some screenshots I made with upgraded weapon models.
Tell me what you think, for now I've almost completed the M4 series, I'm currently working on the MP5 series and completed the 2 versions of the UMP45.

Enjoy :)

Moderators: DarkSynopsis
Time to create page: 0.402 seconds