Last resort logo

SWAT 3 - LAST RESORT GAME MODIFICATION

Spam Prevention - PLEASE READ !! (23 Apr 2021)

Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.

Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.

Weaponstatus not showing up correctly

More
5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #937 by Hazardrar
Hey there,
I just installed Last Resort and it works fine for the most part.
The Weaponsstatus-Menu however doesn't show up correctly for me.

Is there something I can do to fix it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #938 by Slippery Jim
That is odd. The mod shouldn't affect this menu.

Try turning off the mod with the toggle switch at the top right of the Last Resort launcher and see if you still have troubles with just vanilla Swat 3.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #939 by Hazardrar
When I disable Last Resort with the switch in the launcher, it shows up correctly:

More
5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #940 by Slippery Jim
Thanks very much for doing that test. This is something new that I have never seen before and would love to troubleshoot it.

Can you do another test for me please? Turn the Last Resort mod back on with the toggle switch but this time choose 800x600 for both 2D and 3D resolution before launching the game. You don't have to take a screenshot.

Also please tell me what version of Windows you are using and what version the Last Resort launcher says it is on the bottom left when you first start it up.

Much thanks.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #941 by Hazardrar
I am using Windows 10 Home and Last Resort 0.7.4

I did some further testing and it looks like I found the problem.
It works fine as long as I use windowed mode ("-window") - no matter the resolution (couldn't test 1920x1080 though because "viewpoint rectangle is outside screen boundaries").
As soon as I remove the "-window" parameter to run the game in fullscreen, the weaponstatus doesn't work anymore.
So it happens only in fullscreen.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to check if this happens in vanilla, too, because I don't get it to work in fullscreen.

If the fps weren't so bad in windowed mode, I would play it that way, but everything stutters :/

//EDIT: only the the mission briefing and loadout menu stutters, everything else works fine. so I can at least play in windowed mode :)

More
5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #942 by Slippery Jim
Thanks again for all these tests and giving feedback

Hazardrar wrote: I am using Windows 10 Home and Last Resort 0.7.4

Odd. I run it no problems with Windows 10 Home and 0.7.4

Hazardrar wrote: no matter the resolution (couldn't test 1920x1080 though because "viewpoint rectangle is outside screen boundaries".

Wait, you mean you get that error with Swat 3 in 1920x1080?

Hazardrar wrote: If the fps weren't so bad in windowed mode, I would play it that way, but everything stutters :/

Have you tried using dgVoodoo to improve framerate issues?

www.swat3lastresort.info/index.php/fix-framerate-problems

I am wondering if the Last Resort mod isn't installed properly or is corrupted with the menu and the 1920x1080 issue you are having.

Just out of curiousity is the Last Resort launcher set to Windows 7 compatibility mode?

www.swat3lastresort.info/index.php/last-resort-windows8-10

The other question I have is could you have changed settings on your video card to modify the scaling mode? This would be setting on the Nvidia control panel that you would have to select and override the default settings (I assume AMD cards would have a setting like this too). I have only come across one person who did this and had an issue with the Last Resort mod.

Moderators: DarkSynopsis
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds