Last resort logo

SWAT 3 - LAST RESORT GAME MODIFICATION

Spam Prevention - PLEASE READ !! (23 Apr 2021)

Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.

Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.

Error reading g_graf_13.tga

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #868 by Specter
I'm getting this error when entering the Construction Site map, during Career Mode. Once I hit okay to close the pop-up box, the game closes and sends me to the desktop. Prior to using the Last Resort Mod, I played through an entire Career without any crashes whatsoever.

Game: SWAT 3 Tactical GOTY Edition from GOG.com

Edit: Added Image of Error

[IMG

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #869 by Slippery Jim
The Last Resort mod doesn't include any replacement textures yet for the Construction map nor does it modify the file "g_graf.tga". In fact the Last Resort mod doesn't change how the game handles .tga files (only .bmp files).

Could you have installed a downloaded map that is damaged (possibly a fan made map)? Other maps in your MAPS folder could affect the Construction map.

More
5 years 7 months ago #870 by Specter
Replied by Specter on topic Error reading g_graf_13.tga
I was troubleshooting the problem earlier and fixed it. The first thing I did was disable any mods being used, official and unofficial. I then tried disabling the Last Resort mod-then uninstalled the Last Resort mod.
After that I uninstalled SWAT3, restarted the computer, and removed any remaining traces of it, then reinstalled the game again.
The game was now working correctly without using any custom files or missions. I then made a backup of the SWAT3 directory and copied it to my second hard drive, should any files become corrupt again, all I'll need to do is replace them.
As you say, it must have been due to one or more of the custom CO-OP, or DM missions, residing in the "C:\SWAT3\Missions\" directory. I didn't read your reply until after the issue was resolved, thanks for your input on the matter.

More
5 years 7 months ago #871 by Slippery Jim
Yeah sorry I meant the MISSIONS folder, as you say.

I have been really busy with work last few months so my replies in this forum may be slow :(

More
5 years 7 months ago #872 by Specter
Replied by Specter on topic Error reading g_graf_13.tga
I have the Last Resort mod installed now, and I took a screenshot of the list of mods I'm using.

[IMG

I also took a screen shot of all the custom maps I have, both CO-OP and DM, but I'm not using any of them right now. I'll have to add a couple at a time to see which ones are causing the crashing, but for the time being I'm not bothering. Do you see any which might be the cause?

[IMG

More
5 years 7 months ago #877 by Slippery Jim
It is hard to say which one is causing an issue. One of those could even just be a bad download. Sorry can't be much help.

Moderators: DarkSynopsis
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds