Last resort logo

SWAT 3 - LAST RESORT GAME MODIFICATION

Spam Prevention - PLEASE READ !! (23 Apr 2021)

Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.

Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.

Can't run Last Resort on a 2560x1440

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #66 by Slippery Jim
The following conversation was lost in the great database screw-up of 2016. I manually copied and pasted it here...

Taberone posted:

Tried to used the Last Resort launcher(My SWAT 3 is the GOG one) on a 2560x1440 monitor, but it says my hardware reports there are no valid screen modes. Any fix?

Slippery Jim's response:

You need to be able to run Swat 3 in 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024, or 1440x900. These are hard-coded into the game for the 2D menus. Your hardware is reporting that you can't do this.

Have you tried changing your refresh rate of your monitor? I have seen some people choose unusual refresh rates and that greatly limits the available screen modes. Try choosing more of a standard refresh rate such at 60hz as an example.

Taberone posted:

Monitor refresh rate stuck at 59HZ even when I try to change it to 60, but thats apparently normal according to support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2006076 , which says "The 59Hz setting makes sure that a TV-compatible timing is always available for an application such as Windows Media Center. The 60Hz setting maintains compatibility for applications that expect 60Hz."

Slippery Jim's response:

Can you run "vanilla" Swat 3 without the Last Resort mod running? In the Last Resort Launcher there is a toggle button in the top right. Turn it to the OFF position and then SAVE and QUIT from the launcher.

Click to enlarge

Try starting Swat 3 with the normal icon on your desktop (not the Last Resort icon). If you don't have the icon you will have to run the swat.exe or find it in your WINDOWS START menu.

I am wondering if your hardware can support the needed resolutions or it is just an error in the Last Resort Launcher detecting the available modes. I know that one guy had a problem with getting the proper resolutions showing because he had changed some scaling options in his Nvidia control panel.

Taberone posted:

Vanilla SWAT 3 runs fine with GOG Galaxy, fullscreen. Hardware can support vanilla SWAT 3 for sure, but Last Resort seems to think otherwise I guess

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #68 by Slippery Jim
I presently now working on new 1920x1080 resolution 2D menus since it is a popular one. Haven't released it yet.

Until then you can download and manually install the latest version of the Last Resort Launcher (v7 beta 3):

www.swat3lastresort.info/index.php/files...ry/5-last-resort-mod

Please read the included install instruction to make sure you get the installation right.

This new version has two new features:

* Windows 8/10 compatibility mode. Basically this allows the launcher to query the available 32 bit colour modes instead of just the 16 bit colour modes that Swat 3 uses. This may be useful if for some reason the Last Resort launcher isn't properly detecting your available screen modes. Since Windows 8/10 emulates 16-bit colour mode in 32 bits this feature may be useful to some.

* 2D resolution over-ride. This will force all the 2D menus to be available despite what your hardware reports. Use with caution. Only select what you are sure your hardware can do.

• Taberone
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 7 months ago #134 by Taberone
Replied by Taberone on topic Can't run Last Resort on a 2560x1440
Only thing I see on the link is a page called "Command Line" arguments, and the "Last Resort" download page still shows version 0.6 from 2010

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #135 by Slippery Jim
Ya sorry. I temporary removed the download links to the updated Launcher since I am very close to releasing the latest full version of the mod.

Moderators: DarkSynopsis
Time to create page: 0.396 seconds